Monday 11 November 2013

scrappy do


  Come on now we all have scrap bags in need of attention don't we?

 You may find a gem or two
like this label that was destined for Marys quilt
before the fraying began.
 I like to think it's my sentimental tendencies 
that keep me from throwing these things out
and not one of those horrible hoarding behaviours!
Generally speaking scraps usually get turfed out after Christmas
but as I'm in a moving stuff about decluttering mode
here we are...
I have a few ideas bouncing around my head,
but the one that really got the cogs whirring
was Marys reminder of her 
that she made last Christmas......
 Here is my first attempt drying off.
This is so much fun
and all you need is some old baubles, pva glue and scraps..
I dare you to have a go
you wont regret it!

10 comments:

  1. I bet I'm not the only one peering into your scraps going "OOh I like that bit!"
    LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bauble idea as I have loads and loads and loads of small/tiny scraps and didn't know what to do with them. Am I right in thinking you just glue the fabric backs, and put the pieces on the baubles, overlapping as you go and no stitching or neatening the edges from fraying. Is there a special PVA glue to use or will any do the job? Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya - lovely bauble - great idea! Have just read your last three posts together - you have been busy! And YES, moving your hoard from one side of the room to the other DOES count as tidying - obviously! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh these look like fun to make, and a great way to use up the zillion tiny scraps that we can never bear to throw away!
    Enjoy!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could make a million baubles from my billion of scraps! Yours are very pretty scraps though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of scraps and new baubles - a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh! Just haul your scraps over here and we can make beautiful baubles together! Aren't they fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab idea. They'll look great on your tree and you'll know they are your very own handy work.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling soooo much better about my scrap pile after looking at your pics. I am feeling almost saintlike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha call that a scrap bag! ?? Shall I send you some?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated.
However you may find your comment doesnt appear,
dont worry its the thought that counts!
You can always find me on Instagram if you have any questions.
Clare x